Sunday 11 November 2018
Briefing Times (compulsory):
- Male and Female 5km: 7:30am
- Male and Female 2.5km: 7:50am
- Male and Female 1km: 9am
Race Start Times:
Race registration & numbering from 6:30am (closes 30mins before your event)
- Male 5km: 8am
- Female 5km: 8:10am
- Male 2.5km: 8:20am
- Female 2.5km: 8:30am
- Male 1km: 9:30am
- Female 1km: 9:40am
Presentations scheduled for 11am upstairs at Mermaid Beach AEME S.L.S.C
- Age is determined as at 31 December 2018
- Minimum age is 18 years (a swimmer must be 18 at the time of nominating for the event).
- 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+
- $55 (includes compulsory competition swim cap and high visibility swim vest)
- Competitor: Early bird – $120 | Standard – $140
- Non-Playing Official: $85
- Credit card fee: 1.21% (incl GST) | Account2Account (no fee)
Friday 12 October 2018 (5pm AEST)
Adjacent to its fashionable neighbours Broadbeach and Miami lies the Gold Coast’s coastal town of Mermaid Beach. This relaxed stretch of golden coastline is popular with swimmers and surfers looking to escape the flocks of people. After your swim, relax and celebrate at one of the many cafes or the famous Mermaid Surf Life Saving Club.
Additional Swimming – Ocean Swim Information
- Only well prepared and medically fit swimmers should enter.
- Swimmers must arrive an hour before the start of competition in time to register, be numbered and attend the pre-race briefing.
- All swimmers must wear a competition swim cap and high visibility swim vest supplied by Mermaid Beach AEME S.L.S.C in compliance with SLSQ High Visibility Clothing Policy and SLSQ competition standards.
- Please use the vest sizing chart to determine the correct fitting by the manufacturer.
- Depending on the conditions, the swim may be a beach start or a deep water start.
- Competitors with a medical disability are required to inform organisers when registering for safety purposes.
- The competition is presented by Mermaid Beach AEME Surf Life Saving Club.
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
Contact All Sports Travel, our preferred travel provider, for a competitive quote on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Book your travel to your sports with our official transport company Con-X-ion. Book today and receive 5% off!
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.