Dates & Times
- Friday 13 – Sunday 15 November 2020 (7:30am – 5pm daily) – later start on Sunday 15 November
- Friday 13 November 2020 – 500m
- Saturday 14 November 2020 – 200m
- Sunday 15 November 2020 – Around the Island (finishing by 1pm pending number of entries and weather)
- Age is determined as at Thursday 31 December 2020
- Minimum age for competition is 40 years
- Snr A (40+): Open, Mixed and Women
- Snr B (50+): Open, Mixed and Women
- Snr C (60+): Open, Mixed and Women
- Cancer Survivors
*All standard boats (20s) only
Sport Fee: $60 per person (unlimited divisions)
Early bird $125 (until 11:59pm AEST 2 September, 2020)
Standard $145 (from 3 September, 2020)
- Non-Playing Official: $90
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
Paddlers, drummers and steerers are all classified as participants
- Team entries close: Friday 16 October 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
- Individual entries into existing teams close: Sunday 8 November (11:59pm AEST)
Gold Coast Dragon Boat Club
Calm waters and stunning scenery make Lake Orr one of the finest places to dragon boat race on the Gold Coast. The 80-hectare man-made lake attracts water sport enthusiasts from around the world and is located a stone’s throw away from the bustling Market Square in Varsity Lakes.
- A crew consists of no more than 26 competitors.
- Races will consist of a maximum of 20 paddlers, a drummer and a steerer.
- Mixed divisions are as per CR2.1.3 of the AusDBF Competition Rules and Rules of Racing (v8.2 adopted and effective from 21 September 2019) (page 8) which state a minimum 8 paddlers to a maximum of 10paddlers of either gender (excludes drummer and steerer) to a minimum of 18 paddlers (refer rule CR3.1)
- A crew list for EVERY crew must be submitted to the Dragon Boat organisers via email email@example.com by no later than Sunday 8 November 2020. NB. Minor changes can be made the morning of each day up to one hour prior to the first race of the day. These minor changes will be made at Race Administration to the crew list you had already submitted.
- To enter the ‘Cancer Survivors’ category, all your paddlers, drummer and steerer must be a survivor of cancer. This category will only proceed if there are at least 4 entries. Depending the number of males in a Cancer Survivor’s crew, handicaps (yet to be established) will be given.
- Race Distances: 500m, 200m and Around the Island (approx 8 kms) .
- Information bulletins (including race draw changes) will be issued up until Tuesday 10 November 2020.
- All competitors must hold sport specific insurance (this is not provided by PPMG). Each competitor is strongly encouraged to be Financial Member of either their State or International Dragon Boat body. If you are not a member of your State or International body, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your insurance held with another paddling sport that covers the competing in a dragon boat. If you are not a member of any State or International body, insurance for the event must be purchased through your State or International body prior to entering. NO ONE OFF INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE HOST.
- International Crews – please email email@example.com a copy of confirmation that your paddlers are members of your International Dragon Boat body eg NZDBA
- For a category to run, at least 4 entries (minimal entries) must be received. Should only 3 entries be received, two races (a heat for lane placings in final and a final) will only be available if the program permits.
- It is strongly encouraged that you do not book flights home from the Gold Coast any earlier than 5pm Sunday 15 November 2020. This way you will not miss any racing should there be any delays.
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone:+61 7 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
View our travel page for details on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Organise your travel when you’re on the Gold Coast via G:link, bus, train or taxi and view transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.