Dates & Times
- Sunday 4 – Saturday 10 November 2018: 8am – 6pm daily
- Age is determined as at Monday 31 December 2018 by the youngest player in the team
- Minimum age for competition is 30 years
- Men: 30+, 35+(Div 1 & 2), 40+(Div 1 & 2), 45+(Div 1 & 2), 50+(Div 1 & 2), 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+
- Women: 30+, 35+(Div 1 & 2), 40+(Div 1 & 2), 45+(Div 1 & 2), 50+(Div 1 & 2), 55+, 60+, 65+
- Wheelchair: Mixed 30+
Sport Fee: $85 per person per team (first team) and $35 per person per team (second team & each team after that)
- Competitor: Early bird – $120 | Standard – $140
- Non-Playing Official: $85
Credit card fee: 1.21% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
- Team Entries: Friday 14 September 2018 (5pm AEST)
- Individual Entries into Existing Teams: Thursday 1 November 2018 (5pm AEST)
Coomera Indoor Sports Centre
Basketballers will be bouncing with excitement at the new Coomera Indoor Sports Centre, a multi-sport facility set to host the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games gymnastics competition and netball finals.
The venue has been designed to world-class competition standards with potential for elite training and competition use. Key features of the venue design include disabled access, a gymnastics arena, and eight mixed-use sports courts.
Additional Basketball Information
- The basketball team planning guide will assist team managers collate the necessary information and fees to register the minimum requirement of 4 players.
- To guarantee your teams nomination each team is required to register and make full payment for a minimum of 4 players. Only teams who meet this requirement will be confirmed as participating in the event.
- You must pay a separate sports fee for each team in which you participate.
- The provision of a bench official for the game immediately following yours is compulsory.
- Please note that Basketball Queensland reserve the right to determine the make-up and format of the competition, this may result in teams being moved up or down a division based off the nominations received.
- Basketball Queensland reserves the right to allocate medals to each age group and division as appropriate.
- Basketball Queensland will not modify or change any competition its make up or finals/medal structure once the competition has begun.
- Age groups may be amalgamated if only a limited number of entries in the age group are received.
- Divisions may be amalgamated if only a limited number of entries are received in specific age groups.
- If you are interested in being a referee for the tournament contact Madi Crowley-Long, the Referee Development Manager at Basketball Queensland via email@example.com
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
- Competition will be conducted under the Federation of International Basketball Association (FIBA) rules with Pan Pacific Masters Games By-Laws.
- Changing these rules:
(a) BQ may change these rules from time to time by:
(i) amending something in these rules; or
(ii) deleting something in these rules or adding something to them; or
(iii) revoking these rules and adopting new rules in their place.
Decisions when these rules are silent or unclear
(b) If these rules are silent on a matter arising in relation to the competition, the competition convener and competition staff may make a decision about how the matter is to be dealt with.
(c) If these rules are not silent on a matter arising in relation to the competition but they are uncertain, the convener and competition staff may make a decision about how the uncertainty is to be resolved.
(d) Those decisions are binding on everyone who is bound by these rules.
Delegate of BQ
(e) The Competition Convener and Competition Staff are taken to be a delegate of BQ.
(f) Any function or power conferred on the Competition Convener and Competition Staff by these rules is taken to be a function or power conferred on BQ and exercised on behalf of BQ by the Competition Convener and Competition Staff .
(g) Anything done or action taken by the Competition Convener and Competition Staff under these rules is taken to be a thing done or action taken by BQ on behalf of BQ by the Competition Convener and Competition Staff .
(h) Any appeal or proceedings in a tribunal or court in relation to the Competition Convener and Competition Staff functions, powers, things done or actions taken must be taken against BQ and not against the Competition Convener and Competition Staff
- The competition is presented and is sanctioned by Basketball Queensland Inc.
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
Contact All Sports Travel, our preferred travel provider, for a competitive quote on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Book your travel to your sports with our official transport company Con-X-ion. Book today and receive 5% off!
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.