Dates & Times
- Sunday 8 – Saturday 14 November 2020: 8am – 6pm daily
- Age is determined as at Thursday 31 December 2020 by the youngest player in the team.
- Minimum age for competition is 30 years
- Men: 30+, 35+ (Div 1 & 2), 40+(Div 1 & 2), 45+(Div 1 & 2), 50+(Div 1 & 2), 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+,
- 75+ (4v4 half court)
- Women: 30+, 35+(Div 1 & 2), 40+(Div 1 & 2), 45+(Div 1 & 2), 50+(Div 1 & 2), 55+, 60+, 65+
- Wheelchair: Mixed 30+
- $90 per player, per team (first team) and $35 per player, per team (second team & each team after that)
Early bird $125 (until 11:59pm AEST 2 September, 2020)
Standard $145 (from 3 September, 2020)
- Non-Playing Official: $90
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
- Team Entries: Friday 18 September 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
- Individual Entries into Existing Teams: Thursday 5 November 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
Coomera Indoor Sports Centre
Basketballers will be bouncing with excitement at the new Coomera Indoor Sports Centre, a multi-sport facility set to host the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games gymnastics competition and netball finals.
The venue has been designed to world-class competition standards with potential for elite training and competition use. Key features of the venue design include disabled access, a gymnastics arena, and eight mixed-use sports courts.
- The basketball team planning guide will assist team managers collate the necessary information and fees to register the minimum requirement of 5 players.
- To guarantee your teams nomination each team is required to register and make full payment for a minimum of 5 players. Only teams who meet this requirement will be confirmed as participating in the event. Note: no minimum player registration is required to secure your team in wheelchair basketball.
- If you are interested in playing wheelchair basketball but do not have a team please use the individual player draft team information to enter the competition and the sport convenor will place you in a team.
- You must pay a separate sports fee for each team in which you participate.
- To ensure that the number of games for teams are maximised, as well as allowing Basketball Queensland to develop a fair and even draw, teams per division will be capped at 8 with a waitlist developed for teams once 8 is reached. Basketball Queensland will then ensure that teams are brought off the waitlist in pairs to ensure an even number of teams in each division (eg. 10 teams, 12 teams, 14 teams depending on demand).
- The provision of a bench official for the game immediately following yours is compulsory.
- Please note that Basketball Queensland reserve the right to determine the make-up and format of the competition, this may result in teams being moved up or down a division based off the nominations received.
- Basketball Queensland reserves the right to allocate medals to each age group and division as appropriate.
- Basketball Queensland will not modify or change any competition, its make up or finals/medal structure once the competition has begun.
- Age groups may be amalgamated if only a limited number of entries in the age group are received.
- Divisions may be amalgamated if only a limited number of entries are received in specific age groups.
- The Mens 75+ competition will run as 4v4 half court competition playing 20 minute halves.
- If you are interested in being a referee for the tournament contact Barry McLeod, the Referee Development Manager at Basketball Queensland via firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Rules & Regulations
- The basketball and wheelchair basketball competition is held under the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Official Basketball Rules with the adaption of PPMG By-Laws for the competition.
- View the Basketball Quick Rule Guide
- View the Wheelchair Basketball Quick Rule Guide
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: +61 7 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
Has the division you want to enter reached capacity? Divisions are capped at eight teams, but teams may be brought off the wait list in pairs to ensure even divisions. To register your team on the wait list, click below:
View our travel page for details on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Organise your travel when you’re on the Gold Coast via G:link, bus, train or taxi and view transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.