Dates & Times
- Friday 6 November 2020: 5pm – 10pm
- Saturday 7 November 2020: 8am – 5pm
- Sunday 8 November 2020: 8am – 5pm
- Age is determined as at Friday 6 November 2020
- Minimum age for competition is 25 years for women and 30 years for men
- Women 25+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+
- Men 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+ 55+, 60+, 65+
- Mixed W25+/M30+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+
Sport Fee: $90 per person
Early bird $125 (until 11:59pm AEST 2 September, 2020)
Standard $145 (from 3 September, 2020)
- Non-Playing Official: $90
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
- Team entries close: Friday 30 October 2020 (11.59pm AEST)
- Individual entries into existing teams close: Thursday 5 November 2020 (11.59pm AEST)
Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre
The Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre provides world-class competition and training facilities on the Gold Coast for a variety of sports. This new 16,500m2 multi-purpose community facility will comprise of two mixed-use indoor halls connected by a pedestrian plaza. The mixed-use sports courts are designed to accommodate a wide range of court sports and hosted Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games sports including badminton, para-powerlifting, weightlifting and wrestling.
- The volleyball team planning guide will assist team managers collate the necessary information and fees to register their team.
- If you are interested in playing volleyball but do not have a team please use the individual player draft team information for the division you wish to play in and the sport convenor will place you in a team.
- All game referees, scorers and line persons are provided.
- In addition to players, teams may register “Non-Playing Officials” such as a manager, coach, physio, massage therapist etc. “
- All teams must have a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 12.
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of two female players on the court at all times.
- Teams must have at least six players who are not cross-registered in another sport scheduled to play at the same days as the Volleyball competition.
- Each team will have a minimum of five games over the three day competition period.
- Game format for the early rounds will be a time limited best of three sets. A team must reach at least 8 points with a buffer of two points advantage to win a set. In the case of a one set all then the team with the most points wins. If both teams have the same number of points then it will be declared a draw. Competition points will be awarded as 2 for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. All medal playoffs will be non time limited and the best of three sets with the third set going to 25 points with a two point advantage. If both captains in men’s and women’s request a five set final for first/second then this will allowed.
- Match balls will be supplied by organisers. Teams are required to bring their own practice balls.
- All teams must wear matching uniforms with the player number clearly visible on the back of the playing shirt at a minimum.
- Only participants who are registered members of Volleyball Queensland (VQ) will be covered under VQ’s Personal Accident Insurance coverage. If you would like to become a VQ member click here. Please note there will be an additional fee to become a VQ member.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
Competition Rules: FIVB Rules Of The Game
Phone: +61 413 208 761
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: +617 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
View our travel page for details on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Organise your travel when you’re on the Gold Coast via G:link, bus, train or taxi and view transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.