Dates & Times
- Saturday 13 November 2021: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday 14 November 2021: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Age is determined as at Saturday 13 November 2021
- Minimum age for competition is 25 years for women and 30 years for men
- Women 25+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+
- Men 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+ 55+, 60+, 65+
- Mixed W25+/M30+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+
Sport Fee: $90 per person
Early bird $125 (until 11:59pm AEST 31 August 2021)
Standard $145 (from 1 September 2021)
- Non-Playing Official: $90
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
Each competitor is required to pay the Games Fee once and then the Sport Fee for each sport in which they register.
- Team entries close: Sunday 7 November 2021 (11:59pm AEST)
- Individual entries into existing teams close: Friday 12 November 2021 (11:59pm AEST)
Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre
The Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre provides world-class competition and training facilities on the Gold Coast for a variety of sports. This new 16,500m2 multi-purpose community facility will comprise of two mixed-use indoor halls connected by a pedestrian plaza. The mixed-use sports courts are designed to accommodate a wide range of court sports and hosted Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games sports including badminton, para-powerlifting, weightlifting and wrestling.
- Each team is required to have a team manager who will register your team via the team manager portal prior to any player registrations.
- Once the team is created, team managers can register players via the team manager portal or individuals can register themselves via the Competitor Entry Form.
- If you are interested in playing volleyball but do not have a team please use the individual player draft team information for the division you wish to play in and the sport convenor will place you in a team.
- Alternatively, if you would like to find your own team prior to registering, please use our Sports Bulletin Board to advertise your availability or search for a team looking for players.
- If your team is short of players you can also use the Sports Bulletin Board to advertise for players or look for available individuals.
- Age Dispensation:
Teams may apply for an age dispensation for a younger player who is just under the minimum age i.e. a 39 year old player could be granted dispensation to play in a 40+ team if the total team age on the court is always equal to or greater than the minimum team age of 240+. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, email and DOB’s of the underage player to apply.
- All game referees, scorers and line persons are provided.
- In addition to players, teams may register “Non-Playing Officials” such as a manager, coach, physio, massage therapist etc. “
- All teams must have a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 12.
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of two female players on the court at all times.
- Teams must have at least six players who are not cross-registered in another sport scheduled to play at the same days as the Volleyball competition.
- Each team will have a minimum of five games.
- Game format for the early rounds will be a time limited best of three sets. A team must reach at least 8 points with a buffer of two points advantage to win a set. In the case of a one set all then the team with the most points wins. If both teams have the same number of points then it will be declared a draw. Competition points will be awarded as 2 for a win 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. All medal playoffs will be non time limited and the best of three sets with the third set going to 25 points with a two point advantage. If both captains in men’s and women’s request a five set final for first/second then this will allowed.
- Match balls will be supplied by organisers. Teams are required to bring their own practice balls.
- All teams must wear matching uniforms with the player number clearly visible on the back of the playing shirt at a minimum.
- Only participants who are registered members of Volleyball Queensland (VQ) will be covered under VQ’s Personal Accident Insurance coverage. If you would like to become a VQ member please email Peter on email@example.com. Please note there will be an additional fee to become a VQ member.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
Competition Rules: FIVB Rules Of The Game
Phone: +61 413 208 761
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: +61 7 5668 9888
Secure your spot at Asia-Pacific’s biggest and best annual masters games!