Dates & Times
- Friday 2 November: 4:00pm – 10:30pm
- Saturday 3 November: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday 4 November: 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Age is determined as at 2 November 2018
- Minimum age for competition is 25 years for women and 30 years for men
- Women 25+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+,60+
- Men 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+ 55+, 60+
- Mixed W25+/M30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+,60+
Sport Fee: $90 per person
- Competitor: Early bird – $120 | Standard – $140
- Non-Playing Official: $85
Credit card fee: 1.21% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
- Team entries close: Friday 26 October 2018 (5pm AEST)
- Individual entries into existing teams close: Thursday 1 November 2018 (8pm AEST)
Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre
The Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre provides world-class competition and training facilities on the Gold Coast for a variety of sports. This new 16,500m2 multi-purpose community facility will comprise of two mixed-use indoor halls connected by a pedestrian plaza. The mixed-use sports courts are designed to accommodate a wide range of court sports and will host Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games sports including badminton, para-powerlifting, weightlifting and wrestling.
Additional Volleyball Information
- The volleyball team planning guide volleyball team planning guide will assist team managers collate the necessary information and fees to register your team for the competition.
- If you are interested in playing volleyball but do not have a team please use the Volleyball Miscellaneous Team Pins for the division you wish to play in and the sport convenor will place you in a team.
- All game referees, scorers and line persons are provided.
- In addition to players, teams may register “Non-Playing Officials” such as a manager, coach, physio, massage therapist etc. “
- All teams must have a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 12.
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of two female players on the court at all times.
- Teams must have at least six players who are not cross-registered in another sport scheduled to play at the same days as the Volleyball competition.
- Each team will have a minimum of five games over the three day competition period.
- Game format will be best of three sets with the exception of the Gold medal play-off games (e.g. 1st/2nd play-off) which will be best of five sets.
- Match balls will be supplied by organisers. Teams are required to bring their own practice balls.
- All teams must wear matching uniforms with the player number clearly visible on the back of the playing shirt at a minimum.
- Only participants who are registered members of Volleyball Queensland (VQ) will be covered under VQ’s Personal Accident Insurance coverage. If you would like to become a VQ member click here. Please note there will be an additional fee to become a VQ member.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
Competition Rules: FIVB Rules Of The Game
Phone: +61 413 208 761
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
Contact All Sports Travel, our preferred travel provider, for a competitive quote on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Book your transport to your sports and the Games Village with our official transport company Con-X-ion or view the public transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.