Duo’s Results – Click here
Over 45’s – Click here
Under 35’s – Click here
Thursday 10 November 2016: Duos
Friday 11 November 2016: Teams
Thursday 10 November 2016: 6pm – 9pm (approximately)
Friday 11 November 2016: 8am – 10:00pm (approximately)
Thursday 10th November 2016 – Duo Competition
- 6pm – over 45 years duo
- 6.50pm – 35-45 years duo
- 7.45pm – under 35 duo
Friday 11th November – Teams Competition
- 8.30am – over 45 and under 35
Presentation approximately 1pm
- 2pm – 35-45 part one teams
Presentation approximately 4.45pm
- 6.20pm – 34-45 part two teams
Presentation approximately 9pm
The Arts Centre Gold Coast
The Arts Centre Gold Coast, located in Bundall, is the city’s premier cultural facility. Featuring a stunning theatre, Gold Coast City Gallery and two cinemas, the cultural hub is a one-stop venue for all your visual and performing art experiences.
Thursday 10 November 2016: The Space, Gold Coast Arts Centre
Friday 11 November 2016: The Arts Theatre, Gold Coast Arts Centre
Age is determined as at 31 December 2016
Minimum age for competition is 26yrs
- Average age of team between 26 to 35 years
- Average age of team between 36 to 45 years (Split into two groups)
- Average age of team between 45 plus years
- Average age of duo between 26 to 35 years
- Average age of duo between 36 to 45 years
- Average age of duo between 45 plus years
- Free Exercises
- Calisthenic Revue
Teams may only enter a total of four of the six items offered.
Sport Fee: $120 per person
Games Fee: $130 per person*
Non-Playing Official Fees
Non-Playing Official Fee: $80 per person*
*A $5 ‘fusesport Service Fee’ is payable per entrant. The service fee is payable regardless of entry type and charged only once per entrant.
Thursday 5 November 2015 (9am AEST)
The 2016 calisthenics duo and team competition has reached capacity (except for those entering an existing duo or team).
Entry for those entering into an existing duo or team close Thursday 10th November 2016 at 5pm.
- DUOS – Please note that duos are now being held Thursday evening 10 November 2016
- ‘The Space’ Theatre at the Gold Coast Arts Centre (duo competition) stage size is shallow 10 metres wide by 6 metres deep
- TEAMS – A club may enter a team in any of the team events and draw them all back together for the larger items such as March and Cal Revue
- Teams may only enter a total of four of the six items offered
- Masters age as per National ruling. Further information available on calisthenicsaustralia.org.
- We ask that all team organisers who have not already done so, please express your interest to Diane Treagus by email
- Competitors must be a registered member in their state
- Participants younger than 26 years electing to compete in a Masters’ team must obtain permission from the Australian Calisthenics Federation. This exemption will only be given in exceptional circumstances – e.g. never participated in Calisthenics; disability or health issue
- A participant in Masters cannot compete in a Senior section/item, and a participant in Seniors cannot compete in a Masters section/item. That means participants cannot compete in both sections in one year, under any circumstances – even if both sections compete at different competitions
- In addition to players, teams may register “Non-Playing Officials” such as a manager, coach, etc
- Average age of the team is worked out mathematically of all team members, this will determine whether your team falls in the 26 to 35 year age bracket or 36 to 45 years or 46 year plus age bracket
- Duos have no minimum time limit but a maximum of up to 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- Competitions will be conducted under Australian Calisthenic Federation (ACF) rules
- A panel of three adjudicators will determine the places for each item. Medals will be awarded to first, second and third placegetters. There will be no overall aggregate
- This is a minimum prop comp with free DLP and creative stage lighting (Arts Theatre – Friday only)
- Lighting: General Stage Lighting: Stage wash, cyclorama wash and side lights for all items
- Fixed Spotlights: 9 stage spots, centre special, curtain special
- Special Effects: Ultra violet light, mirror ball, gobos and blinders
- Extras: Follow spot and smoke machine (at an additional cost)
- Props available: Basic modules such as drums and chairs will be a supplied. All other props must be brought by the team and kept in your dressing room
- The competition is presented and sanctioned by Australian Calisthenic Federation
Spectators will be required to purchase tickets to watch the Calisthenics event held on Friday 11 November. Tickets can be purchased from The Arts Centre Gold Coast Box Office.
Venue: The Arts Theatre
Tickets: Adults – $32. Concessions and children – $25
Box Office Contact: 07 5588 4000
For any JPPMG accreditation pass holders (competitors, NPO, supporter or sport official) you will be able to be a spectator free of charge on Friday 11 November. *Important note: paid customers who purchase seating tickets have first preference.
For enquiries regarding tickets for the Duos competition on Thursday evening 10 November please contact Anita Roser, ACF via email@example.com. Tickets will not be available from the Arts Centre Box office for Duos. All duos will be sent an order form directly and will be given access to 3 tickets per performance. If the duos do not take up all tickets they will be available to others after this, via Anita. Approx 90 tickets only are available for sale in this theatre.
Travel to the Gold Coast with All Sports Travel, a boutique sports travel company passionate about providing the best options within your budget.
View the 2014 Calisthenics results
For registration and general Games enquiries contact:
Phone: +61 7 5668 9888
Calisthenics Team & Duo Capacity Reached
The 2016 calisthenics duo and team competition has reached capacity.
Enter an existing duo or team