Dates & Times
- Saturday 10 November 2018: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sunday 11 November 2018: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Age is determined as at Saturday 10 November 2018
- Minimum age for competition is 30 years
Kodokan Judo Kata Contest
- Kodokan Goshin Jutsu
- Katame No Kata
- Ju No Kata
- Nage No Kate
- Kime No Kata
Saturday 10 November 2018
- Kata competitor briefing and warm up:
- From 12.30pm
- Kata competition:
- 1.00 pm – 4:00pm (including medal presentation)
- Weigh-in for competition the following day: 4:00 – 5:00pm
Sunday 11 November 2018
- Judo individual and teams contest events:
- 9:00am – 5pm (followed by medal presentations)
Organisers will aim to create age divisions with a 5 year spread and weight divisions as close as possible to IJF categories. However age and weight groups will be finalised after the weigh in and will depend on the entries.
- PLEASE NOTE: Weigh-In for the Individual Judo contest will be held the day before competition on Saturday 10th November 2018 between 4:00pm – 5:00pm.
Kodokan Judo Kata Contest
In pairs with men and women competing in the same competition under IJF rules and judging criteria.
Individual Judo Contest
Grade categories of either:
- Novice – up to yellow belt (Go Kyu)
- Kyu Grade – coloured belts
Then In weight categories of:
- Over 100kg
- Over 90kg and up to and including 100kg
- Over 81kg and up to and including 90kg
- Over 73kg and up to and including 81kg
- Over 66kg and up to and including 73kg
- Over 60kg and up to and including 66kg
- Up to and including 60kg
- Over 78kg
- Over 70kg and up to and including 78kg
- Over 63kg and up to and including 70kg
- Over 57kg and up to and including 63kg
- Over 52 kg and up to and including 57kg
- Over 48kg and up to and including 52kg
- Up to and including 48kg
Teams Judo Contest
Teams of 6 players made up of 3 men and 3 women as per the 2017 Budapest world Championships.
Men play men and women play women in the corresponding weight category. Grades are Open. The Team with the most match wins or, if wins are equal, the most ippons win.
- under 73kg
- under 90kg
- over 90kg
- under 57kg
- under 70kg
- over 70kg
Gold Coast Sport and Leisure Centre
The Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre provides world-class competition and training facilities on the Gold Coast for a variety of sports. This new 16,500m2 multi-purpose community facility will comprise of two mixed-use indoor halls connected by a pedestrian plaza. The mixed-use sports courts are designed to accommodate a wide range of court sports and will host Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games sports including badminton, para-powerlifting, weightlifting and wrestling.
- $50 per Kata contest
- $50 per Individual and/or Team Judo contest or both
- $50 Grappling competition
- Competitor: Early bird – $120 | Standard – $140
- Non-Playing Official: $85
- Credit card fee: 1.21% (incl GST) | Account2Account (no fee
Wednesday 31 October 2018 (5pm AEST)
Additional Judo Information
- Contest duration is 3 minutes for men and women.
- Individuals may compete in either Open or Kyu-grade or Novice categories but not more than one
- Divisions will be made-up of age and weight groups at the discretion of the Tournament Officials according to entries.
- A blue and a white Judo Gi are necessary for the Judo Competition, so competitors will need two Judo suits.
- Participants are required to bring their Judo Federation of Australia Inc or International body membership record to the competition weigh-in as evidence of their insurance coverage.
- Contestants without a current International Judo Federation affiliated body or Judo Federation of Australia Inc affiliated body membership MUST register with Judo Queensland prior to weigh-in or will not be eligible to compete on the day.
- Insurance coverage details may be viewed at the Judo Federation of Australia Inc
- Judo Suits must conform to IJF rules but may be any brand and do not require the IJF logo
- The competition is presented by Judo Queensland and is sanctioned by the Judo Federation of Australia Inc.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
- Competition Rules: International Judo Federation Rules modified for Masters age groups
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
Contact All Sports Travel, our preferred travel provider, for a competitive quote on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Book your travel to your sports with our official transport company Con-X-ion. Book today and receive 5% off!
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.