Dates & Times
- Saturday 7 – Monday 9 November 2020: 9am – 4pm daily
- Age is determined as at Friday 6 November 2020
- Minimum age for competition is 25 years for women and 30 years for men
- Men’s Competitive 30+
- Men’s Social 30+
- Women’s 25+
- Men’s Competitive: Saturday 7 – Sunday 8 November
- Women’s: Saturday 7 – Sunday 8 November
- Men’s Social: Monday 9 November
- $60 per player, per team (first team) and $45 per player for second team.
Early bird $125 (until 11:59pm AEST 2 September, 2020)
Standard $145 (from 3 September, 2020)
- Non-Playing Official: $90
Payment processing fee: 1.4% (incl GST)
Account2Account (select Australian banks – no fee)
- Team Entries Close – Friday 30 October 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
- Individual Additional Players into existing teams Monday 3 November 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
- Individual Single Entries – Players Draft closes Friday 23 October 2020 (11:59pm AEST)
Kurrawa Beach (North)
Kurrawa Beach lies in the heart of Broadbeach and is loved by surfing enthusiasts from Australia and around the world.
Beach 5s rugby players can look forward to feeling the golden sand between their toes and enjoy the support from locals and visitors using the surrounding boardwalk.
- The beach 5s rugby team planning guide will assist team managers to create their team.
- If you are interested in playing beach 5s rugby but do not have a team please use the individual player draft information to register and the sport convenor will place you in a team.
- Beach 5s rugby is a fast paced and exciting hybrid contact sport based on modified rules of rugby union, rugby league and touch football.
- Beach 5s rugby is 5-a-side. Teams may nominate up to 7 substitutes on the team sheet for each match. During the match it is unlimited interchange but can interchanges can only take place when the ball is dead.
- Teams must have a minimum of 8 registered players. There is no upper limit, however only a maximum of 12 players can be on the team sheet per game.
- Match duration – A match lasts no longer than ten minutes plus time lost, extra time and any special conditions. A match is divided into two halves each of not more than five minutes playing time.
- Half time – After half time the teams change ends. There is an interval of not more than three minutes. During the interval the teams, the referee and the assistant referees remain in the playing area.
- The playing area is 30m (length) x 25m (width) and each in-goal area is 2m long.
- The Beach 5s rugby competition is presented by Beach Rugby Australia with support from the European Beach Rugby Association.
Rules & Judiciary Procedures
- The World Rugby rules for Beach Rugby can be viewed here.
- There are no lineouts
- There are no scrums
- When a player tackles an opponent and they both go to ground:
- must immediately release the tackled player
- must immediately get up or move away from the tackled player and the ball
- must get up before playing the ball
The tackled player:
- must immediately pass the ball
- must immediately get up or move away from the ball
- must get up before playing the ball.
Pan Pacific Masters Games
Phone: 07 5668 9888
Secure your spot at the world’s biggest and best biennial masters games!
View our travel page for details on accommodation, flights, transfers, vehicle hire and day tours.
Organise your travel when you’re on the Gold Coast via G:link, bus, train or taxi and view transport options.
The Games Village provides participants an exclusive venue to meet, socialise and enjoy the camaraderie for which the event is renowned.